✎ Press Kit
|Platform:||iOS exclusive (iPhone & iPad)|
|Release Date:||May 1st, 2018|
Neave Interactive is proud to announce HYPERSCAPE — a star-charged game of speed.
This hyper-fast, adrenaline-fuelled, retro-futuristic arcade game for iPhone and iPad is the ultimate test of your reactions. Race through seven cosmic landscapes while dodging deadly spikes and bombs approaching at breakneck speed. Each zone is an infinitely-generated vertical landscape, unique to each time you play, powered by its own thumping synthwave music track.
The super simple one-tap, one-handed gameplay makes this game perfect for feeding your arcade addiction on the move. Hit the hyperspeed boosts and head up into oblivion. Shields provide little respite as you aim to reach new heights in these extreme universes. The only barrier to your progress is your own raw talent.
- Race through 7 deadly landscapes of spikes and bombs.
- Collect diamonds. Pick up shields. Go hyperspeed.
- Play with over 40 different characters.
- Super simple one-tap gameplay. Seriously fun.
- Stress-test your reactions. Tap fast or game over!
- Stay hooked. Each game is a newly generated landscape.
- Retro-futuristic synthwave music tracks for each zone.
- Go live and broadcast your game on YouTube or Periscope.
- Challenge your friends on Game Center.
- FREE to play! 🎉
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JN6DmvJYnY
Hyperscape is a satisfyingly fun game to play. It takes a pure and simple interaction — tap to jump — and stress-tests the player’s reactions skills to their limits, demanding fast but precise hand-eye coordination.
The game’s graphic design is inspired by space: the stars, the endless undiscovered planets and their hostile landscapes, creating wild, colorful and imaginative universes to escape to.
Each of the seven zones — Cosmos, Flare, Storm, Abyss, Tundra, Limbo and Chroma — are designed to test every skill level. New players get a rush as the game builds up speed, but for more experienced players it’s a serious challenge to master the pace.
Each zone features its own distinct synthwave music track with thumping, driving beats, sparkling with a retro-futuristic vibe, and all written and created by the developer.
About the developer
Hyperscape was created entirely by Paul Neave, a British app developer and designer from London, UK.
Paul works independently at his studio Neave Interactive where he has designed a huge variety of boundary-pushing apps, games, websites and art projects. At the heart of all of Paul’s work is a desire make software that is intuitive, playful and emotive. His work injects a dose of imagination into technology, warping, glitching and reframing how we interact with the digital world.
Some of Paul’s other work includes:
- Strobe Illusion, an iOS app that will make you hallucinate — yes, really!
- Zoom Earth, a collaboration with NASA to show zoomable images of our planet, updated daily. Visitors can follow developing storms and explore the earth virtually.
- Webcam Toy, a selfie-taking website used by tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Bouncy Balls, a web app which visualizes audio in imaginative ways. It is used in schools all over the globe to help teachers manage classroom noise.
- Tetris N-Blox, an official version of Tetris® and one of many recreations of classic arcade games Paul is well known for making on the web.
Download this entire Press Kit, text and images, in a single .zip file:
⇣ Download Press Kit